The Tsuut’ina Nation Police Commission in collaboration with the community of Tsuut’ina will provide an environment of traditions, mutual respect, safety and security.
The Tsuut’ina Nation Police Commission in partnership with the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness and the Minister of Justice and Solicitor General of Alberta and the Tsuut’ina Nation Chief and Council will provide professional policing services that is responsive to the needs and culture of the Tsuut’ina Nation community in accordance with the applicable statutes and regulations.
In accordance to the Alberta Police Act, a police commission is made up of at least 4 Tsuut’ina citizens who are appointed and are subject to the regulations.
The Tsuut’ina Nation Police Commission membership is as follows:
- 1 Commission Chair selected from the Tsuut’ina Chief and Council appointments.
- 1 Public Complaints Director selected from the Tsuut’ina Chief and Council appointments.
- 1 Tsuut’ina Citizens as appointed by Tsuut’ina Chief and Council.
- 1 Elder Representative as appointed by Tsuut’ina Chief and Council.
- 2 Council Representatives as appointed by Tsuut’ina Chief and Council.
Current commission members
Commission Member/ Public Complaints Director
Chief Roy Whitney-Onespot