The Tsuut’ina Nation has a land area slightly over 27,685 hectares
109 square miles and borders the City of Calgary on three sides. The Tsuut’ina and Kainaa were unhappy sharing a common reserve with the Siksika, however. Bull Head, head chief of the Tsuut’ina, insisted on a reserve on Fish Creek and the Elbow River, which they had always considered as their country. In 1882, a new reserve was surveyed out. In 1883, a new treaty was made with the Tsuut’ina officially giving them lands which amounted to three townships, an area 18 miles east to west, and, 7 miles north to south, lying between the Elbow River and Fish Creek. This was the origin of the present day Tsuut’ina Nation.